|Universal Marine Grade Bunk Carpeting|
Bunk Carpet Size: 12" (in) X 100' (ft)
Standard 16oz. Marine Trailer Bunk Carpet can be used for just about any indoor/outdoor application. Quality discount carpet that is rubber backed, fade resistant, and ravel resistant. Durable, easy to handle and install. Great for "Do-It-Yourselfers". Offered in a wide variety of colors and sizes.
At BoatCarpetCentral.com, we are proud to be able to offer the best quality marine carpet on the market. Our prices are also the best on the market, we guarantee that our carpet prices are below any other major carpet retail website on the internet. You can't go wrong when you choose Boat Carpet Central, because along with our quality carpet and prices our customers enjoy the benefit of free / fast shipping and friendly, reliable customer service.
|~ Our Shipping Policies ~|
U.S. Ground Shipping Services
*Currently, the ONE and ONLY item on this site that we are unable to offer FREE shipping for is our sheets of Marine Grade Plywood. These sheets of plywood decking must ship freight from our location in Indiana to yours.*
**All other items (marine carpet, marine vinyl flooring, boat parts, boat hardware, marine glue) listed on this site will ship for FREE. You never have to qualify for FREE shipping on our sites. Every single product except for our sheets of Marine Plywood will ship for FREE no matter your purchase total.**
***For our customer's convenience we offer Fast, FREE shipping on most all of our products via UPS Ground. For these products our Fast, FREE shipping can only be offered when the item that you have purchased is shipping within the continental USA. However, we welcome international shoppers and will happily ship any of our items to destinations outside the continental USA for an additional shipping charge.***
Once your merchandise is ready to be shipped we will update your account as well as send you an email with all of the tracking information. You may then track the progress of your shipment by visiting our “Track My Stuff” page or by visiting www.ups.com and providing your tracking number into the required field.
Our rolls of Marine
Carpet will typically be ready to ship (from our manufacture) within
24-72 hours of placing your order. However, during certain busy times of
the boating season the time frame needed to get your roll of boat
carpet ready to ship may increase. This will usually be the case right
before and during major holidays. We understand that you will need your
marine carpet before you can finish putting your boat back together. We
will always do everything in our power to get you your marine carpet as
fast as we possibly can. On average, our customers have been receiving
their roll of marine carpeting in 5-10 business days from the time their
order has been placed.
Inspecting your New Boat Carpet:
Your roll of boat carpet will be packaged in a 6 mil heavy duty plastic. Please be very careful when opening the roll of marine carpeting as it cuts very easily with a razor knife. Unroll your new boat carpet and inspect it for any imperfections.
Please contact us immediately if your merchandise arrives damaged.
Our marine grade carpet adhesive ships separately from our rolls of marine carpeting. Orders for our boat carpet glue placed before 2pm (EST) will be shipped that same day. Orders placed after 2pm (EST) will be shipped out the following day.
Our marine plywood must ship via freight to your home or business. Please feel free to contact us any time before or during the checkout process if you would like us to provide you with a freight quote before you complete your order. (866.237.0075)
Upon arrival of your boat glue, store your boat adhesive inside and away from freezing temperatures. Please do not let your boat glue freeze or get cold as the recommended temperature to apply your boat glue is above 60 degrees. If your boat adhesive has been applied to your boat carpet, it can not be returned for a refund. Also do not let your newly installed boat carpet set out in the rain. This will stop the curing process and you may have to re-install new boat carpet and glue.
At Boat Carpet Central we take pride in our products and we want you to
be completely satisfied with your purchase. We will gladly refund or
exchange most merchandise for any reason within 30 days from the
original purchase date. Items returned after 30 days from the original
purchase date will be charged a 10% restocking fee.
International Shoppers are Welcome:
Boat Carpet Central welcomes international shoppers. There are additional costs for shipping, duties and taxes. Please contact our customer service department by phone or email so we can determine a proper shipping quote for you. (866-237-0075)
Alaska and Hawaii Shoppers are Welcome:
Boat Carpet Central welcomes order from Alaska and Hawaii. There are additional costs for shipping. Please contact our customer service department by phone or email so we can determine a proper shipping quote for you. (866-237-0075)
|click transit map to enlarge||click transit map to enlarge|
|See Our Full Shipping Policy Here|
Please keep the total number of samples that you request to a maximum of 3.
If you would like to request more samples please feel free to give us a call toll free @ 866.237.0075 and we will be happy to help you. Thank You!
Click the button below to see our carpet sample request form.
Below are step by step instructions to help you re-carpet your boat trailer bunk boards.
Please read the special notes at the bottom to answer any other questions you may have.
If the below does not help you please feel free to give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you.
|How to replace your trailer Bunk Board Carpet|
1) Unbolt and remove existing bunk boards from trailer. Take the existing bunk carpet off and sand away any glue or debris before applying new carpet. Also examine the old bunk boards and make sure that they are not warped or broken. Replace if needed. Obviously skip this one if your starting with new bunk boards.
2) Measure the size of your boat bunks to determine how many rolls of bunk carpet you will need. (See "Note" at bottom for suggested measuring method)
3) You may either glue or staple your replacement bunk carpeting down. We would suggest just to staple your new bunk carpeting. This will allow the carpet to give a little while loading and un-loading your boat and prevent tearing of the carpet over time.
4) Before carpeting your trailer bunks take the bolts used to secure your bunks to your trailer and insert them into your already drilled out holes on your bunk board. Follow the steps below with the bolts inserted through the drilled out holes on the board. This will allow the carpet to be applied over the head of the bolt preventing it from scratching the bottom of your boat or pontoons.
5) Unroll and layout your new carpet (which you have already cut to size) with the rubber backing facing up. Place the bunk board evenly right to the edge of the laid out carpet. Leaving enough carpet on either end to completely wrap each end of your bunk. Hold the carpet to the board and start to roll the new carpet onto the bunk board. Staple down the first side. Then roll the board until it is completely covered. When you get to this point take a staple gun and apply staples every 2 to 3 inches along the bottom of the bunk board. This will ensure a secure and snug fit. If measured correctly when cut there should be about 2 inches or so of carpet left to overlap the first initial bottom side, staple down this excess carpet on top of the existing carpet.
(If you plan to use marine carpet glue please be sure to use water based carpet glue, other alcohol based adhesives will eat away the rubber backing of the carpet.)
6) Take the newly wrapped bunk board and place it with the bottom side up one last time and use the excess carpet you have already accounted for at either end and wrap, securing with glue or staples. Overlap and secure the excess carpet to the bottom side of the bunk.
7) Place your new bunk board off to the side and repeat steps for remaining bunks.
For a better look, plan to wrap the entire bunk board, ends too. The majority of trailer bunks are made using standard 2x4 or 2x6 boards.
The actual measurements of a (in inches):
For bunk carpet installation: The width of the replacement carpet for each bunk should be at least 12 inches wide for 2x4 bunks (16 inches wide for 2x6 bunks). This allows an extra 2 inches of carpet to overlap on the bottom of the bunk which lets you easily secure the carpet around the bunk. When measuring the length of each bunk board add an extra 7 inches to the total length, to be safe. This allows for an extra 3.5 inches of carpet for both ends of the bunk. 1.5 inches of that is used to cover the exposed wood at either end. The other 2 inches is overlap so that you my secure the carpet easily at both ends with a staple gun and/or glue.
For those who have bunk boards that use 2x6 size boards. Our 16oz. rolls of marine carpet can be used because the 12in wide rolls of bunk carpet are not wide enough to fully cover the 2x6 application. For a 2x6 application you will need your replacement carpet to be about 16in wide per bunk to be safe. These rolls of our 16oz marine grade carpet can be taken and cut into 16in wide strips.
There are 6ft wide and 8.5ft wide rolls available.
***As an added bonus there are 15 different colors of our 16oz carpet available and in stock to choose from. In some cases purchasing a full roll of 16oz or 20oz carpet and cutting it into strips for your bunks may be cheaper than purchasing multiple pre-cut rolls of bunk carpet. There is no difference in quality between our pre-cut bunk carpet rolls and our full rolls of marine carpet. All of our carpet is tough, durable, fade resistant, rubber backed and made specifically for use in the harsh marine environment. Click HERE to be taken to our 16oz marine carpet color choices. If you are in question about which style and size carpet would be best for your application please feel free to call us and we will be happy to help you find the correct carpet for your application at the cheapest price. Contact us toll free at 866-237-0075.
Copyright © 2010-2012 Coastline, Inc.